- About IPF
- The Science of IPF
- Natural History of IPF and Potential Risk Factors
- The Pathogenesis of IPF
- Diagnosis of IPF
- Challenges in IPF Management
- The Science of IPF
- Expert Perspectives
- HRCT for Diagnosing ILDs
- Acute Exacerbation of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: Aspects of Diagnosis
- Insights in IPF: Clinical Assessments
- Perspectives on the Current Utility and Future Potential of Biomarkers in IPF
- Perspectives on the Multidisciplinary Approach to Diagnosing Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis NEW
- Radiology Rounds
- News & Views
- Are Acute Exacerbations Driven by Cellular Mechanisms?
- Can CT Lung Cancer Screening Also Detect IPF?
- Could Periostin Be a Viable Biomarker for IPF?
- How Can Mortality Risk Be Assessed in Patients with IPF?
- Should All Patients With IPF Be Treated for GER?
- What Do Patients With IPF Want in Pulmonary Rehab Education?
- Should All Patients with IPF Be Treated with Antiacid Medications?
- Can Exercise Training Impact Outcomes in Patients with IPF?
- Should Patients with IPF Undergo Mechanical Ventilation For Respiratory Failure?
- Is Telomere Length Associated with Survival in IPF?
- Is Daily Home Spirometry an Effective Tool for Detecting Disease Progression in IPF?
- What Are the Outcomes of Combined Pulmonary Fibrosis and Emphysema in Patients with IPF? NEW
- How Should Cough Be Treated in Patients with IPF? NEW
- Resource Center
- Suggested Reading
- Upcoming Events
- Image Galleries
- Healthy Body Healthy Mind
- ATS Primer
- Auscultation of Breath Sounds in IPF
- Test Your Ears: Auscultation Skills for HCPs
- Test Your Eyes: Reading HRCT Scans
- Diagnosis and Assessment of Interstitial Lung Disease
- Every Breath Counts
- Every Breath Counts Trailer
- Every Breath Counts Film
- GAP Model for Predicting Mortality Risk
- Radiology Rounds Broadcast Event
- Scientific Poll
Sign up to receive the latest news and learn about new developments related to IPF.JOIN
See how your responses compare with those of your peers!TAKE THE POLL
The Science of IPF
Reprinted with permission of the American Thoracic Society. Copyright © 2014 American Thoracic Society.
Over the past decade, much progress has been made in understanding the natural history of IPF and risk factors associated with the disease. Importantly, research into the pathogenesis of IPF is yielding new insights.